Learners should have completed the Unified Communications System Engineer (Unity) and Cisco IP Telephony (CallManager) courses and understand the product installation and configuration procedures for deploying those solutions. Microsoft skills in Active Directory, SQL, Exchange and Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 are also recommended.
Cisco Unity Design and Networking (CUDN) is an advanced course for engineers responsible for the design of sustainable complex Unity solutions based upon customer requirements. Upon completion of this course, you should have a higher degree of confidence that the designs you provide for your customers meet the criteria of being sustainable and reducing post-deployment support requirements.
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Explain the impact of different messaging environments (Domino / MS) upon a Unity design.
- Design a large voicemail solution.
- Network Unity with legacy voicemail systems.
- Explain approved Cisco Unity deployment models.
- Apply a repeatable design methodology.
- Design solutions that meet specific customer needs.
- Design solutions that interoperate with legacy voicemail systems.
Module 1: Design a Unity Solution
Module 2 Infrastructure Components Affecting Unity Design
Module 3: Large-Scale, Voicemail-Only Systems
Module 4: Cisco Unity Deployment Models
Module 5: Voicemail Interoperability
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller