You will gain the most from this course if you have a basic understanding of the following:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX) v1.0 is a 60-hour instructor-led course that provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-sized network, including connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components, and the OSI reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree.
- Describe the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used, with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Configure and verify a Cisco router for WAN connections with HDLC and PPP encapsulation, PAT, and Static Routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and manage the router startup and configuration.
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss dynamic routing with distance vector and link-state routing protocols and configuring RIP.
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs.
- Describe when to use NAT / PAT on a medium-sized network, how to configure NAT / PAT, and explain IPv6 addressing and configuration on a Cisco router
Configure, verify, and troubleshoot Frame Relay.
- Module 1: Building a Simple Network
- Module 2: Switching
- Module 3: Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs)
- Module 4: Local Area Network Connections
- Module 5: WAN Connections
- Module 6: Network Environment Management
- Module 7: Medium-Sized Routed Network Construct
- Module 8: Single Area OSPF Implementation
- Module 9: EIGRP Implementation
- Module 10 : Access Control Lists
- Module 11: Address Space Management
- Module 12: LAN Ext into a WAN with Frame Relay
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller