About This Course
Implementing Cisco Unity Connection (IUC)
Here are the knowledge and skills that a learner must have before taking this course:
- Basic understanding of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Basic knowledge of traditional public switched telephone network (PSTN) operations and technologies, including PBX and voice-mail administration tasks.
- Basic understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager or legacy PBX implementations.
The IUC v8.0 ILT course describes Cisco Unity Connection installation, networking and advanced features, options and configuration settings. The course provides engineers and installers with the necessary skills to perform installation and setup of the Cisco Unity Connection version 8.x system.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the Cisco Unity Connection system and the various deployment models.
- Describe the process and procedures for installation of the Cisco Unity Connection software.
- Describe the function, purpose, and configuration of digital networking in Cisco Unity Connection.
- Describe additional integration concepts, including fax servers and Cisco Unity PIMG / TIMG integrations.
- Describe the Cisco Unity Connection tools that are available for migrating, testing, and troubleshooting.
The course contains these components:
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: Introduction to Cisco Unity Connection
- Module 2: Cisco Unity Connection Installation and Integration
- Module 3: Digital Networking Configuration
- Module 4: VPIM Networking Configuration
- Module 5: Advanced Integration Concepts
- Module 6: Cisco Unity Connection Tools
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller