About This Course
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic e-mail usage skills
- The ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot a small network
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2) v1.1 is an instructor-led course that is presented by Cisco Learning Partners to their end-user customers. This five-day course focuses on using Cisco Catalyst switches and Cisco routers that are connected in LANs and WANs typically found at medium-sized network sites. Upon completing this training course, you should be able to configure, verify, and troubleshoot the various Cisco networking devices in a small network environment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Review how to configure and troubleshoot a small network.
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree.
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network.
- Describe when to use NAT or PAT on a medium-sized network and configure NAT or PAT on routers
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: Small Network Implementation
- Module 2: Medium-Sized Switched Network Construction
- Module 3: Medium-Sized Routed Network Construction
- Module 4: Single-Area OSPF Implementation
- Module 5: EIGRP Implementation
- Module 6: Access Control Lists
- Module 7: Address Space Management
- Module 8: LAN Extension into a WAN
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller