About This Course
Designing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (DCSNS)
Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel
The Designing Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCSNS) is a 5 day ILT course, designed to help students prepare for the DCSNS certification 642-357. DCSNS is designed to give students a firm understanding of how to design a Storage Area Network (SAN) around Cisco FC switches and Directors in the MDS and Nexus series products.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Given the MDS platform components, design a multiprotocol SAN to meet a variety of customer requirements.
- Given a SAN environment, design a SAN that enables storage consolidation.
- Given a SAN environment, design a SAN security implementation that includes port and fabric security, secure management protocols, and role-based access control to meet security policy requirements.
- Given an understanding of SAN extension applications, design a SAN extension solution that meets application availability, performance, and scalability requirements.
- Module 1: MDS 9000 Platform Fundamentals
- Module 2: SAN Design
- Module 3: SAN Extension Design
- Module 4: SAN Security
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller