About This Course
Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions (ICSNS)
Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel
This course is a 5-day ILT training program designed for systems and field engineers who implement storage networking solutions with the Cisco MDS 9000 platform. This course covers the key concepts and procedures you need to know to install, configure, and manage the MDS 9000 platform to improve the availability, scalability, performance and manageability of the SAN.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Given an MDS 9000 switch, safely install the switch hardware and perform the initial software configuration process. -Given a SAN design, implement the logical topology specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified.
- Given a SAN design, describe the traffic management features associated with Intelligent Network Services for the MDS 9000 series in order to configure basic traffic management services for the SAN.
- Given a SAN environment, describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension.
- Given a SAN environment, identify MDS 9000 diagnostic tools in order to diagnose SAN problems and common configuration errors.
- Module 1: MDS 9000 Platform
- Module 2: System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Module 3: Building Virtual SANs
- Module 4: Implementing FCIP
- Module 6: Troubleshooting Tools and Scenarios
Appendix A: Configuring Dynamic VSANs
Appendix B: Improving Device Flexibility
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller