Before taking the ARCH v2.1 course, learners should be familiar with internetworking technologies, Cisco products, and Cisco IOS features.
To gain the prerequisite skills and knowledge, Cisco strongly recommends knowledge of Cisco CCNA®, Cisco CCDA, Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE), and Implementing Cisco Switched Networks (SWITCH).
The Designing Cisco Network Service Architectures (ARCH) v2.1 course is a five-day instructor-led course. The aim of the course is to enable learners to perform the conceptual, intermediate, and detailed design of a network infrastructure that supports desired network solutions over intelligent network services, in order to achieve effective performance, scalability, and availability. This course enables learners, by applying solid Cisco network solution models and recommended design practices, to provide viable, stable enterprise internetworking solutions. The course presents concepts and examples that are necessary to design converged enterprise networks. Advanced network infrastructure technologies, such as virtual private networks (VPNs) and other security solutions, are also covered.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Introduce the Cisco Network Architectures for the Enterprise and explain how this concept addresses enterprise network needs for performance, scalability, and availability.
- Describe how the Cisco Network Architectures for the Enterprise can be used as a framework for designing enterprise networks.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed enterprise campus network designs.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed enterprise data center designs.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed enterprise edge and remote infrastructure designs.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed network service designs for security considerations.
- Create conceptual, intermediate, and detailed VPN designs.
- Course Introduction
- Module 1: Cisco Network Architectures for the Enterprise
- Module 2: Enterprise Campus Network Design
- Module 3: Advanced Addressing and Routing Design
- Module 4: Advanced WAN Services Design Considerations
- Module 5: Enterprise Data Center Design
- Module 6: E-Commerce Module Design
- Module 7: SAN Design Considerations
- Module 8: Security Services Design
- Module 9: IPsec and SSL VPN Design
- Module 10: IP Multicast Design
- Module11: Network Management Capabilities with Cisco IOS Software
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller