The learner should have a working knowledge equivalent to the following Cisco courses:
- ICND1/ ICND2/DESGN/CVOICE/CIPT1 and CIPT2/QOS/TDM Telephony
Unified Communications Architecture and Design (UCAD) v8.0 provides an overview of all the components of a Cisco Unified Communications solution and demonstrates how to effectively engineer and design a Cisco Unified Communications call control solution.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Be able to identify the components that comprise a complete Cisco Unified Communications solution and size and position products within the solution.
- Properly identify the products and features required in the LAN environment to support Unified Communications call control.
Based on existing telephony and data statistic:
- Calculate the WAN bandwidth requirements to support VoIP calls
- Sizing the voice gateway
- Sizing and locating the media resources
Identify the issues and components that make up a Cisco Unified Communications call control solution:
- Sizing and locating Cisco Unified Communications call agents, Cisco Unified Communication Manager 8.X
- Designing the proper dial plan
- Issues that impact E911 requirements
- Securing the voice network components
The course contains these components:
- Course Introduction
- Cisco Unified Communications Overview
- Designing the LAN for Cisco Unified Communications Call Control
- Designing the WAN and Media Resources for Cisco Unified Communications Call Control
- Designing Cisco Unified Communications Call Control And a Lab Guide
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller