About This Course
Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design (DCUCD)
Prior to taking the DCUCD v4.0 course, the student should complete the Virtualization 101 online training.
For certification, all candidates must first meet the following baseline requirement:
- Earn two existing foundation level Datacenter specialists for architects; Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Design Specialist (DCSN) and Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Design Specialist (DCNID).
Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist (DCUCD) v4.0 is an updated 5-day lecture-lab course that enables the student to design UCS into the next generation data center. The goal of the DCUCD 4.0 curriculum is to enable customers to build scalable, reliable, and intelligent Data Center Virtualization solutions based on Cisco Nexus family switches, Consolidated Network Adapter (CNA) cards, Virtual Blade Switching (VBS), UCS devices and software, MDS family SAN switches with NX-OS, Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and MDS Fabric Manager configuration and management applications, VMware server virtualization products, and Linux and Microsoft Windows operating system. The course describes the Cisco Data Center virtualization solutions, explains how to evaluate existing Data Center infrastructure, determine the requirements and design the Cisco Data Center virtualization solution based on the Cisco products mentioned above.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Prepare the student to design the UCS into a diverse spectrum of Data Center architectures leveraging the Cisco Unified Fabric technologies.
- Evaluate Cisco Unified Computing solution design process in regards to the contemporary data center challenges, Cisco Data Center Business Advantage architectural framework, and components
- Use the reconnaissance and analysis tools to assess computing solutions performance characteristics and requirements
- Understand the Cisco UCS hardware components and select proper hardware for a given set of requirements
- Understand the Cisco UCS basic server deployment model
- Evaluate ROI and TCO using Cisco UCS ROI / TCO tool
- Design migration plan for an existing implementation to a Cisco Unified Computing solution.
- Module 1: Cisco Unified Computing Solution
- Module 2: Assess Computing Solution Requirements
- Module 3: Design Cisco Unified Computing Solution
- Module 4: Design Server Deployment
- Module 5: Design Cisco Unified Computing Solution Management
- Module 6: Design Server Deployment
- Module 7 Evaluate Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
- Module 8: Plan Migration to Cisco Unified Computing Solution
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller