About This Course
Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Implementation (DCUCI)
Prior to taking the DCUCI v4.0 the student should complete the online pre-learning named Virtualization 101 (Virt101) and DCUCI-ELT.
For attaining the certification all candidates must meet the following baseline requirements, but not necessarily prior to taking this course.
- Earn two existing foundation level Datacenter specialists for engineers Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Support Specialist (ICSNS) Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Support Specialist (DCNIS)
Data Center Unified Computing Implementation (DCUCI) is 5 day course designed to serve the needs of engineers and technicians who implement Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers. DCUCI guides learners through rack installation and the provisioning of server hardware, operating systems or hypervisors, and applications. Significant content is devoted to management, maintenance, and troubleshooting. DCUCI articulates Cisco data-center virtualization solutions and explains how to execute a virtualization solution that is based on a detailed implementation plan.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain how Cisco Unified Computing System addresses key management challenges in data center server environments.
- Describe the Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series system architectures, hardware components, and field-installable options.
- Explain how to connect to and manage Cisco Unified Computing System components.
- Configure Cisco UCS B-Series blade servers with Cisco UCS Manager.
- Configure Cisco UCS C-Series blade servers with Cisco IMC.
- Explain the connectivity requirements for the Cisco UCS platform.
- Configure server profiles to allocate physical resources.
- Configure maintenance tasks.
- Configure high availability at the LAN, SAN, and server NIC level.
- Identify common deployment scenarios for Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Troubleshoot common LAN and SAN connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot service profile issues.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 1000V in a VMware vSphere 4.1 environment.
- Configure Cisco UCS Manager to support VMware PTS.
- Configure Cisco UCS Manager to support VMware DirectPath I/O.
The subtopic provides an overview of how the course is organized:
- Course Introduction
- Mod 1 Review of Data Center Unified Computing Implementation E-Learning
- Mod 2 Installation of Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
- Mod 3 Cisco IMC Configuration
- Mod 4 Cisco UCS B-Series Hardware and Management
- Mod 5 Cisco UCS Connectivity Configuration and Management
- Mod 6 Server Resources Implementation
- Mod 7 Virtual Server Networking
- Mod 8 Cisco Unified Computing System Management and Maintenance
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller