About This Course
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Good understanding of networking protocols (recommended CCNA certification).
- Good understanding of the Fibre Channel and the SAN environment.
- Recommended attendance of a Fibre Channel protocol class or equivalent experience.
- Recommended attendance of the Implementing Storage Network Solutions (ICSNS) class or equivalent experience.
This course is a 5-day ILT training program designed for systems and field engineers, Consulting Systems Engineers, Technical Solutions Architect and Cisco Integrators / Partners who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 switch, and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender. The course covers the key components and procedures needed to install, configure, manage and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 switch in the network and SAN environment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the Cisco Nexus product family, specifically the Cisco Nexus 7000 switch chassis and components, the Cisco Nexus 5000 switch, and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender o Identify critical features and constraints in a hardware implementation plan.
- Select and configure the distinctive Nexus 7000 features to meet the implementation requirements and expectations in the Cisco Business Advantage Data Center Architecture.
- Configure advanced features such as OTV, Security and Quality of Service.
- Identify Cisco Nexus management tools and configure the relevant management tool to support the given design.
- Implement the required redundancy features to support the design requirements.
- Describe the Fibre Channel protocol, the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol, and the Data Center Bridging Enhancements.
- Configure theCisco Nexus 5000 switch to support Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE).
- Troubleshoot the key features of the Cisco Nexus switches.
- Cisco Nexus Product Overview
- Overview of Cisco Nexus Hardware Installation
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch Feature Configuration
- Cisco Nexus Advanced Feature Configuration
- Cisco Nexus Switch Management
- Redundancy on the Cisco Nexus Switches
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) Configuration
- Troubleshooting on the Cisco Nexus Switches
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller