Cisco Data Center Unified Computing System C-Series Troubleshooting (DCUCSCTS) v1.0 is a newly created 2-day instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to prepare Cisco Channel Partners, systems engineers, and implementers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to properly install, configure, and troubleshoot UCS C-Series servers operating in standalone mode. The goal of Cisco Data Center Unified Computing System C-Series Troubleshooting (DCUCSCTS) v1.0 is to enable the UCS Partner to troubleshoot Level 1 and 2 standalone UCS C-Series integration issues. The student will gain hands-on experience with proper configuration procedures and will become familiar with common troubleshooting scenarios and recommended solutions.
Upon completing this course, the learner should be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the initial setup, configuration, and connectivity to ensure proper Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) operation.
- Describe CIMC utilities that enable performance validation and facilitate data gathering activities for troubleshooting purposes.
- Describe common troubleshooting issues and recommended solutions for the UCS C-Series P81E VIC.
- Describe the Fibre Channel over Ethernet Initialization Protocol (FIP) and validate its proper configuration.
- Configure the LSI 1068E, LSI 9261-8i, and the software ICH10R RAID controllers.
- Execute the password recovery process for UCS C-Series server CIMC and BIOS passwords.
- Configure management access to the UCS C-Series server through the LAN on Motherboard and NIC ports.
- Configure the UCS C-Series Intelligent Peripheral Management Interface for management access.
- Configure the UCS C-Series Serial over LAN service.
- Course Introduction
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Configuring Firmware Updates
- Troubleshooting LAN Connectivity
- Troubleshooting SAN Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Local Disk and RAID
- Troubleshooting Operating System Driver Issues
- Troubleshooting Management Access
- Configuring UCS C-Series Integration with UCS Manager.
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller