- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
This course is based on the ASA 8.4 code. The Deploying Cisco ASA FIREWALL Solutions (FIREWALL) v2.0 course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It is a five-day instructor-led course that is aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills that are needed to implement and maintain perimeter solutions that are based on Cisco ASA security appliances. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce risk to their IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco ASA security appliance features, and provide detailed operations support for the ASA appliance.
Upon completing this course, the learner should be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate the basic firewall technology, features, hardware models, and licensing options of the Cisco ASA security appliance.
- Implement and troubleshoot basic Cisco ASA security appliance connectivity and device management plane features.
- Configure and verify Cisco ASA security appliance network integration.
- Configure and verify Cisco ASA security appliance policy.
- Configure and verify high availability and virtualization on Cisco ASA security appliances.
- Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Introduction
- Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Network Integration
- Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Policy Control
- Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance High Availability and Virtualization
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller