Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) v2.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course that is presented by Cisco Training Partners to end users and channel partner customers. The content focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. The course covers security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). Using instructor-led discussion, lecture, and hands-on lab exercises, this course allows learners to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Configuration Professional) and the CLI on Cisco routers, switches, and ASAs.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the components of a comprehensive network security policy that can be used to counter threats against IT systems, within the context of a security policy lifecycle.
- Develop and implement security countermeasures that are aimed at protecting network elements as part of the network infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain threat control and containment technologies for perimeter security in small and midsize networks.
- Describe secure connectivity strategies and technologies using VPNs, and configure site-to-site and remote access VPNs using Cisco IOS features.
- Course Introduction
- Networking Security Fundamentals
- Protecting the Network Infrastructure
- Threat Control and Containment - Secure Connectivity
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller