About This Course
Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE )
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Windows navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR software configuration
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1) course.
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2) course.
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) course.
This Instructor Lead Training course is #2 of 4. It will prepare students for the SPADVROUTE exam required for the new CCNP-SP Certification. This certifictation is designed to prepare students to work at the Professional level in a Service Provider environment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Configure the service provider network to support multiple BGP connections with customers and other autonomous systems.
- Describe common routing and addressing scalability issues in service provider network.
- Describe available BGP tools and features to secure and optimize the BGP routing protocol in a service provider environment.
- Introduce IP multicast services and the technologies present in IP multicasting.
- Introduce PIM-SM as the most current scalable IP multicast routing protocol.
- Describe service provider IPv6 transition implementations.
Module 1: Service Provider Connectivity with BGP
- Lesson 1: Defining Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements
- Lesson 2: Connecting a Customer to Service Provider
Module 2: Scale Service Provider Network
- Lesson 1: Scaling BGP in Service Provider Networks
- Lesson 2: Introducing BGP Route Reflectors and Confederations
Module 3: Secure and Optimize BGP
- Lesson 1: Implementing Advanced BGP Operations
- Lesson 2: Improving BGP Convergence
- Lesson 3: Improving BGP Configuration Scalability
Module 4: Multicast Overview
- Lesson 1: Introducing IP Multicast
- Lesson 2: Defining Multicast Distribution Trees and Forwarding
- Lesson 3: Multicast on the LAN
- Lesson 4: Populating Mroute Table
Module 5: Intra- and Inter-Domain Multicast Routing
- Lesson 1: Introducing PIM-SM Protocol
- Lesson 2: Implementing PIM-SM Enhancements
- Lesson 3: Implementing Interdomain IP Multicast
- Lesson 4: Identifying Rendezvous Point Distribution Solutions
Module 6: Service Provider IPv6 Transition Implementations
- Lesson 1: Introducing IPv6 Services
- Lesson 2: Defining IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Lesson 3: Deploying IPv6 in the Service Provider Network
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller