About This Course
Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Edge Network Services (SPEDGE)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR software configuration.
Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in:
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE) 1.0 course.
- Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing (SPADVROUTE) 1.0 course.
- Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE) 1.0 course.
This Instructor Lead Training course is #4 of 4. It will prepare students for the SPEDGE exam required for the new CCNP-SP Certification. This certifictation is designed to prepare students to work at the Professional level in a Service Provider environment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Introduce VPN technologies used in the service provider environment and the MPLS VPN peer-to-peer architecture.
- Describe implementation steps needed to provide MPLS Layer 3 VPN service in the service provider network.
- Describe how the MPLS Layer 3 VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access.
- Describe Layer 2 VPNs and Ethernet services.
Module 1: VPN Technologies
- Lesson 1: Introducing Virtual Private Networks
- Lesson 2: Introduction to MPLS VPN
Module 2: MPLS Layer 3 VPN
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller