About This Course
Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Switches (DCMDS)
The following skills and knowledge are recommended:
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel.
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP.
- Recommended: Cisco CCNA® certification.
Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v1.0 is a five-day lecture and lab course that provides learners with fundamental skills in configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series switches. Course topics include setting up the switch, configuring interfaces, virtual SANs (VSANs), domains, zones, port channels, management security, and Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) tunnels.
Upon completing this course, the learner should be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the components, services, and features of the Cisco MDS 9000 Series switch platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Describe how to install and configure the Cisco MDS 9000 switch and perform the initial software configuration process.
- Explain how to implement the logical topology that is specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified.
- Describe the traffic management features associated with Intelligent Network Services for the Cisco MDS 9000 switches in order to configure basic traffic management services for the SAN.
- Describe how to configure Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), modules on Cisco MDS 9500 Series switches.
- Explain how to implement security so that management access is secure, and that only trusted devices are allowed to connect to the fabric.
- Describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension solutions.
- Module 1: Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch Platform
- Module 2: System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Module 3: Building a SAN Fabric
- Module 4: Intelligent SAN Fabric Services
- Module 5: Fibre Channel over Ethernet Implementation
- Module 6: Implementing Security
- Module 7: Implementing FCIP.
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller