The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows :
- Good understanding of networking protocols, routing, and switching.
- Recommended CCNA Certification.
- Recommended attendance at the Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) class.
- Recommended attendance at the Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) class.
During the course of instruction, the learner will be exposed to the configuration of advanced technologies, such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE). The learner is required to have experience with these technologies in order to successfully complete the class. The course covers initial configuration of BGP, MPLS, and FCoE on Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch.
This course is a 5-day ILT training program that is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches. This course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch platform.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives :
- Identify the architecture, features, and deployment models of the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch.
- Describe hardware architecture, an perform hardware installation, and configure device administration features.
- Describe software architecture, configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch features.
This subtopic provides an overview of how the course is organized.
- Course Introduction
- Describing Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches.
Describing Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch Hardware Architecture, Device Installation, and Administration Features.
- Lab 2-1 Cisco Nexus 7000 Platform Discovery
- Lab 2-2 Configuring User Management
- Lab 2-3 Configuring System Management
- Lab 2-4 Configuring Troubleshooting Features
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch Software Architecture and Features
- Lab 3-1 Configuring Layer 2 Switching.
- Lab 3-2 Configuring Virtual Port Channels.
- Lab 3-3 Configuring Cisco FabricPath.
- Lab 3-4 Configuring Layer 3 Switching.
- Lab 3-5 Configuring FHRP.
- Lab 3-6: Troubleshooting vPC and Cisco FabricPath.
- Lab 3-7 Configuring MPLS.
- Lab 3-8 Configuring Cisco OTV.
- Lab 3-9 Configuring LISP.
- Lab 3-10 Configuring FCoE.
- Lab 3-11 Configuring Security Features.
- Lab 3-12 Configuring QoS
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller