It is assumed that attendees possess the following background knowledge and skills:
- A moderate knowledge of TCP / IP fundamentals, including IP addressing and sub-netting, static IP routing and DNS.
- Experience with Internet-based messaging, including SMTP, Internet message formats, and MIME message format.
- Familiarity with command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI).
- Previous experience with email security would be helpful.
Partner Only Training: This two-day training course provides a thorough foundation for how to successfully install, configure, and administer the Cisco Email Security Appliances (Formerly Cisco IronPort Email Security Appliance). At the end of the course, attendees will possess a working knowledge of how to use Cisco Email Security Appliances to successfully manage and troubleshoot email traffic entering and leaving the enterprise network. Attendees receive in-depth instruction on the most commonly used product features, with an emphasis on: How to administer with best practices for configuration and operation; How to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the flow of email through Cisco Email Security Appliances; How to configure access control policies to eliminate threats at the perimeter, based on the identity and trustworthiness of the sender; And how to create and apply Data Loss Prevention (DLP) polices to outgoing email. Extensive lab exercises provide attendees with a simulated enterprise email environment.
This course enables student for successful configuration and operation of a Cisco Email Security Appliance. By exploring in depth specific product features, mail administrators will receive in-depth training to meet specific needs with emphasis on:
- Integrating with a directory server via LDAP
- Debugging of LDAP integration issues
- Using message filters to redirect and modify messages
- Safe deployment and debugging of message filters
- Configuring TLS and Guaranteed Secure Delivery
- Email Authentication with DKIM and SPF
- Introduction & System Overview
- Performing an Evaluation
- Configuring Sender & Recipient Groups
- Tracking & Reporting Messages
- Configuring Anti-Spam & Anti-Virus
- Using Content Filters
- Preventing Data Loss
- Encrypting Outgoing Mail
- Configuring LDAP
- Providing Ongoing Customer Support
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller