It is assumed that attendees possess the following background knowledge and skills:
- A basic understanding of TCP / IP services, including DNS, SSH, FTP, NTP and SNMP.
- A basic understanding of IP routing.
- Familiarity with HTTP and HTTPS, including an understanding of web-server and browser administration and operation.
- It is helpful but not mandatory that attendees have experience with Cisco Email Security Appliances.
The Securing Your Web with Cisco IronPort S-Series course is an instructor-led training class for Cisco IronPort customers. It has hands-on labs, demos and presentations to help students learn technical aspects of the S-Series Web Security Appliances. This comprehensive, two-day training course covers how to install, configure, operate and maintain the S-Series. Attendees receive in-depth instruction on the most commonly used product features, with an emphasis on: - HTTP and HTTPS proxy services - L4 traffic monitoring - Authentication and web access control - URL filtering - Anti-malware filtering - Troubleshooting S-Series configuration issues - S-Series deployment Extensive lab exercises provide attendees with critical hands-on product experience. The live lab facilities provide a safe environment to experiment with malware, and also to try configurations that might not be appropriate for a production network. At the end of the course attendees will be able to install, operate and maintain the S-Series appliances.
Attendees will be able to apply the most commonly used product features, with an emphasis on:
- HTTP and HTTPS proxy services L4 traffic monitoring
- Authentication and web access control
- URL filtering Anti-malware filtering
- Troubleshooting S-Series configuration issues
- S-Series deployment.
Day One Agenda Introduction
- Course and Company background
- Product and Malware Overview
- Overview of S-Series - Key Features - Malware threats
- L4TM Overview & Setup - L4TM Options
- Web Proxy Overview - Proxy vs. L4TM
- HTTPS Overview - Configuring the HTTPS Proxy Service Web Reputation Filtering
- WBRS Overview - Updates Anti-Malware
- DVS Overview
- Webroot Overview
- MacAfee Scanning Overview - Working with Webroot and McAfee
Day Two Agenda Authentication
- Authentication Overview - Configuring & Testing Web Security Manager
- Access Control Overview
- L4TM Policies
- Configuring Web Security Manager
- Configuring the HTTPS Proxy Service
- Use Case Scenarios System Administration Reports
- System Administration Troubleshooting - Ports and Tools - Logs - Alerts
- CLI (Command Line Interface)
- SNMP - Monitoring Other Deployment Scenarios - Transparent Proxy Mode
- Deployment Life Cycle - Multi-Appliance Deployment
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller