About This Course
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI)
Understanding of server system design and architecture Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP / IP networking Familiarity with SANs Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP)
Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
Attendance of the following Cisco learning offerings is recommended to fully benefit from this course:
- Configuring Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCS)
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) is designed to serve the needs of engineers who implement Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers.
- Install Cisco R-Series Rack Enclosures in the data center.
- Use Cisco Integrated Management Controller to provision LAN and SAN connectivity for the C-Series server.
- Use the LSI MegaRAID web user interface to provision local hard drives into a RAID 5 array.
- Implement system management, maintenance, and high availability services for Cisco UCS B-Series.
- Maintain Cisco UCS in a high-availability configuration Implement generation 1 and generation 2 connectivity.
- Implement LAN & SAN connectivity for Cisco UCS B-Series hardware.
- Provision VLANs and fabric interconnect uplinks for server connectivity to the Layer 3 data center cloud.
- Provision VSANs and fabric interconnect Fibre Channel uplinks for server connectivity to the data center storage cloud.
- Provision service profiles with initial and updating templates Implement virtualization features.
- Provision Cisco VM-FEX
- Course Introduction
- Implement Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Manage the Cisco UCS B-Series
- Implement Cisco UCS B-Series Connectivity
- Provision Cisco UCS Compute Resources
- Implementing Cisco UCS Server Virtualization Features
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller