The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Recommended attendance of the Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI) course
- Recommended attendance of Cisco Nexus 7000 Series (DCNX7K), Cisco Nexus 5000 Series (DCNX5K), and Cisco MDS Series Multilayer Fabric (DCMDS) product courses
- Good understanding of the Fibre Channel Protocol and the SAN environment
- Recommended attendance of a Fibre Channel Protocol class or equivalent experience
- Recommended to read the Robert Kembel books on Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel switched fabrics
Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFTS) v5.0 is a 3-day instructor led training course designed for Systems and Field Engineers, Consulting Systems Engineers, and Cisco integrators and partners who install , implement, maintain and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches, the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extenders, and the Cisco MDS Series Multilayer Fabric Switches. The course covers the key components and procedures needed to troubleshoot and resolve common issues with the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series, the Cisco MDS Series, and the Nexus 2000 Fabric Extenders in the network and SAN environment.
The goal of the course is to emphasize troubleshooting and repair of Cisco Data Center architecture components such as features and protocols available on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Series, the Cisco MDS Series, and the Nexus 2000 Fabric Extenders.
Problem analysis and repair are the focus.
Configuration and implementation details are presented only to augment the troubleshooting process or to help the student understand the issue at hand.
Details about Cisco Nexus implementation are available in the DCUFI course or in the product specific courses.
- Module 1: Troubleshooting Tools and Methodologies
- Module 2: Troubleshooting Layer 2 Issues
- Module 3: Troubleshooting SAN Switching Issues
- Module 4: Troubleshooting FCoE Issues
- Module 5: Troubleshooting Platform Specific Issues
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner / Reseller