Context-Aware Security for a BYOD Environment
(Original Webcast November 8, 2011)
"Bring Your Own Device," or BYOD, is now a major trend in today's business culture, creating new challenges that may affect your security and mobility strategies. Although an "any device" environment is becoming essential for competitiveness and productivity, new risks and problems may result if your infrastructure isn't ready.
Hear Cisco and IDC Research discuss security architecture and solutions for a dynamic environment to address challenging security issues such as BYOD.
Christian Christiansen, Program Vice President of IDC Research, discusses:
- Specific business benefits and security challenges brought forth by BYOD
- Primary considerations to address those challenges, including critical capabilities necessary to help secure smart phones and tablets
Next, Pat Calhoun, VP/GM at Cisco, shares Cisco's SecureX approach for BYOD environments and presents a detailed technical discussion on three crucial components of Cisco's BYOD security solution, including:
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Solution support for mobile devices
- Cisco Trustsec for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- Cisco identity firewall capabilities for a mobile workforce and content-aware security
This is an excellent opportunity to learn directly from Cisco and IDC about the issues surrounding BYOD and how your company can plan for a productive, highly secure, and competitive future.
"While businesses can use individual-liable and bring your own device initiatives as an opportunity to drive greater cost efficiency, flexibility, and strategic value from mobile working
within their organizations, they must take a balanced approach, being mindful of the current risks and limitations posed by supporting a growing array of mobile devices and operating systems for their workforce."
- Managing Consumerization of IT: CIO Recommendations for Effective Bring Your Own Device Strategies (IDC #LM51T, May 2011)