When considering software upgrades, customers are advised to regularly consult the advisories for Cisco products, which are available from the Cisco Security Advisories and Alerts page, to determine exposure and a complete upgrade solution.
In all cases, customers should ensure that the devices to be upgraded contain sufficient memory and confirm that current hardware and software configurations will continue to be supported properly by the new release. If the information is not clear, customers are advised to contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) or their contracted maintenance providers.
At the time of publication, Cisco IOS XR Software Release 6.5.3 with SMU and later contained the fix for this vulnerability.
See the Details section in the bug ID(s) at the top of this advisory for the most complete and current information.
Customers can download the SMU from the Software Center by doing the following:
- Click Browse all.
- Choose Routers > Service Provider Edge Routers.
- Choose the specific router family from the right pane of the product selector.
- Choose a specific product from the right pane of the product selector.
- Choose Software on Chassis > IOS XR Software Maintenance Upgrades (SMU) - 6.5.3.
- Click the download link for the Hitless/Optional SMU, ACL under 'ssh server netconf' did not take effect release.
If the SMU is not listed for your required platform, contact your account team or the Cisco TAC to request an SMU for your platform.